Friday, May 17, 2013

PREGNANCY BRAIN

This little blog of mine has decided to turn into a pregnancy specific blog. I'm sorry if you are not into that, but that's all I think about. And when I'm not thinking about my baby/pregnancy, I think its just dead air in between my ears.  I have become the biggest space cadet. Some people think that pregnancy brain is all in the head...pun intended...but its not. It's a real thing. If you don't believe me ask my husband and co-workers. Pre-pregnancy I was a little nuts, but fully functioning. But now I'm a full blown crazy.  I like to contribute it to a couple of things; lack of sleep, my anxiety about where my next meal is coming from, and the dreaded to-do list. Everyday I try to make a list of things that I would like to achieve. I usually cross off 2 maybe 3 on a good day, and they are usually the ones that revolve around food.

         Today's to-do list

  • Fix rock chip in windshield
  • Pick out fabric for rocking chair
  • Work on addresses for baby shower
  • Grocery shop...er....pick up take-out
  • Pick-up crib and changing table
  • Figure out how people are going to find my registry since my name is technically Maggie Diamond..not Hansen..and it can be confusing at times
  • Listen to my positive birth affirmations 1-3 times a day
  • Pick out what I am wearing for tomorrows impromptu photo shoot...and pray that it's clean
  • Tackle the random ant problem...correction...infestation.
  • Wax eyebrows
  • Research what bottles are best for breast-feeding babes
  • Take Chloe for a walk
  • Write our birth plan
  • Maybe write a blog post about my non-functioning brain
  • Worry that this is my new way of thinking and that  I'm going to have to get used to being a non-contributing idiot

All while working a full time job with an hour commute each way. Easy peesy.

So if anyone ever wonders why I leave the house keys in the door over night (thank you boogie man for not going for an easy/slow moving target), or why I leave the sink running for 5 minutes, or perhaps use the word pumpkin instead of computer...you have now been informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment