Monday, January 28, 2013

FIRST TRIMESTER

Hello second trimester! I am just about 14 weeks and beyond thrilled. I feel like things are finally starting to get moving. The first trimester of this pregnancy was full of waiting....waiting to hear if we were actually pregnant after IVF, waiting to see the heartbeat, waiting to see if we are having twins or a single, waiting to get passed the 12 week mark so I can relax and not freak out every time I feel the slightest cramping pain.  Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. Have I mentioned I hate waiting?

My first trimester was pretty uneventful for the most part. Aside from the food aversions and the smell of people's hair making me sick,  it was pretty easy going. Everyone talks about cravings, but no one tells you about the aversions. It's soooo weird. I love food. Any food, anywhere...but man those first 10 weeks were interesting. I threw up at the sight of a cookie. Weird right ? I'm so glad I'm passed that stage. I did find the following items helped me get through it. 



  • Preggie pops: These are the bomb. They stop morning, day, and night sickness in its tracks.
  • Sparkling water: I have given up every single vice I have ever loved...Coffee, Diet Coke, and Wine....sparkling water has  helped ease the pain every time I'm out with friends and they order a round of drinks. 
  • Zella Leggings: Please trust me when I say this....GO BUY THESE NOW, pregnant or not.  These leggings are a little pricey but they are going to last you multiple seasons and they help suck in that awkward 12 week gut. 
  • Crystal Light: Add a little sparkling water and you've got your self a pretty little mocktail.
  • Citrus: I can't get enough citrus these days. Lemons, limes, grapefruits, and oranges...I'm just drooling talking about it.
  • What to expect: This is pretty self-explanatory, and some might think its silly... but when its your first pregnancy its good to have the pregnancy bible on stand by in case you have a late night question when you can't reach your doctor.
  • Clarins body tonic:  I'm not going to lie,  I'm petrified of stretch marks. I have started using this body tonic and I really like it. The smell is pleasant and it doesn't leave me feeling super greasy all day. If you have any other suggestions to prevent stretch marks please let me know what worked for you.

I would love to hear what other people's must-haves are during pregnancy. What should I know going into my second trimester?


1 comment:

  1. YAY! Having that first trimester down is the greatest feeling. The second trimester is the BEST, so enjoy! I will have to try those pops the next time around. I am still over the moon happy and excited for you. I am wearing my leggings now as I write this. They are also great for post baby bulge:)

    ReplyDelete