Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new year

Last year I said I wasn't going to make any resolutions because...well....I always seem to fail by February. (that was easily the most depressing sentence ever written on this blog.)  Due to the lack of resolutions, I wasn't depressed that I hadn't gone to the gym everyday. I also I wasn't mad at myself for having a second slice of cake. But February hit and I felt like I missed out on an opportunity to try to better myself. While you were all at the gym I was busy cooking my way through Ina Garten's cookbooks...so needless to say the 3 or 4 pounds gained last January wasn't my shining moment.

This year I have a whole new approach on my resolutions. I just want to be happy, healthy, and have fun.

Be active. It doesn't have to be the gym. Just walk with Chloe. Do more moving and less Dexter watching.

Sit down everyday and look my husband in the eyes and tell him how much I love and adore him...with no distractions...I'm talking about you Iphone/Ipad!

Explore Utah. I am a bad Utahn..I want to see Arches National Park again, minus the moaning and groaning I did when I was a cranky teenager. Hike through Zions...maybe even camp...That's not a promise, Ben.  

Eat better. More Veggies...and try to be less of a carb-oholic. Damn garlic bread.

Here is to a great 2012!
 Happy New Year!

Grandpa Max and myself circa 1994, on New Year's Eve.

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome New Year's resolution. I might barrow a few, (not the part about looking Ben in the eye)

    Especially loved the photo, you are the best.

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't garlic a veggie????

    Utah is awesome. You should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete