Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

This time of year always makes me thankful. Three years ago today my mom was going into surgery/radiation. We didn't know what was going to happen. We were at a stand still.  My mom is the rock in our family, and still continued to be after her surgery...eye patch and all. She had a smile on her face through it all. How did she do it?

Two weeks ago she went in for her annual tests. After the tests it's the oh so lovely waiting game. This is just about where my anxiety level peaks for the year. It was such a relief to get a call from her yesterday telling me that everything looked good. You could hear the smile on her face. I cant even explain the relief I felt after that phone call. I could finally breath. I am so thankful that she is healthy.

Thanks for being so amazing mom. Thanks for always having a smile on your face. Thanks for teaching me how to make the perfect pie crust. Thanks for always having the right words. Thanks for teaching me how to be a better wife. Thanks for teaching me how to throw one hell of a party. Thanks for always making everyone around you laugh. Thanks for being the perfect mom. Thanks for being our rock.

1 comment:

  1. I love your mom! She truly is wonderful! I am so happy she is doing good.

    ReplyDelete