Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SHOPPING SOULMATE

This last week something terrible happened. My sister moved. I'm not happy about this in the least, for several reasons, most of them being very selfish...so unlike me, I know! This last Saturday I went and got my coffee and lunch like I do every Saturday at Tony Caputos, only this time I was sitting there by my self. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE having lunch alone. But Saturday mornings are for one thing, and one thing only. And that's gossiping with my sister, at the 15th and 15th Caputos/Starbucks. After this we typically make our way down to Fashion Place Mall where she talks me into buying ridiculous things, that I will later regret. Shopping leads to chips and salsa and drinks. This is what we do EVERY Saturday. I love it, it gets me through me week. So this last weekend I was shopping...alone. I didn't buy a thing, and I was pouting all day about loosing my shopping soul mate. (These are hard to come by.)




I think I left out one small detail.....she moved to Park City.
Approximately 15 minutes away from my front door.

But that's besides the point. She keeps moving further and further away. First its the Avenues, then Park City....What's next? Alaska?! I know what some of you are thinking...This girl needs to get a grip on life. But my sister is my best friend...(God I hope she doesn't read this.) But if you do read this Jen, move back! I have a spare bedroom that you can use....I'm sure Ben would be just fine with it. In the meantime, I'm taking applications for a new shopping companion.

Name:

Do you drink wine?
What is your favorite place to shop?
If you could shop at one place the rest of your life where would it be?
Do you only buy sensible items?
Will you be honest when my ass looks huge in a pair of jeans?
Do you mind making laps around the David Yurman counter for 30 minutes with no intentions of actually buying anything?
Boutiques or mall? Both?
Silver or gold? Both?
Are you morally against weaseling samples out of the Nordstrom employees?
Do you wear shoes for comfort?

1 comment:

  1. Maggie's butt looking huge in a pair of jeans. Impossible.

    ReplyDelete