Sunday, April 24, 2011

life lessons

Growing up we are all taught the basic do's and don'ts. Look both ways when crossing the road, don't play with fire, don't pull your sister's hair...(I still struggle with that one...seriously) Once we are all grown up, the responsibilities become a little bigger....don't do drugs, don't get tattoos that you will regret, don't drink and drive. Never once did my mother or any other adult figure for that matter, sit me down and give me this little chat...No, I'm not talk about the sex talk, my mother had that one more than covered. I'm talking about the, don't drink and shop lecture.

The other day I had a fabulous lunch with my mother and sister at trio. The adorable waiter talked me into having a glass of wine....well those of you who know me well, know that it didn't take much talking into. One thing led to another, and POOF, a second glass appeared in front of me. Damn those cute waiters, and their tasty pinot noir. After lunch we proceed to go to Decades. A fun store downtown with vintage clothing that you can get lost looking at for hours. I was feeling great with my little 2 wine buzz. I found a romper, that I'm pretty sure my mom had in the 60's. I slipped it on over my clothes, and that's all it took. I had fallen in love with it. I purchased it and went on with my day. A couple of hours later I got home and Ben asked what was in the bag. I was so excited to show him my great find. I jumped into it immediately and twirled for him. His look said it all...which was "What the hell were you thinking??" I looked in the mirror and realized that I probably didn't make wisest shopping decision....yet again.


Confession: I have done this many many times before....I have come home a little boozy with gold lamé leggings, purple pumps that have never been worn, a tuxedo shirt (bow-tiw included)...just to name a few.

So I guess the moral of the story is just because you love wine and love shopping, doesn't mean they mix well. But on a positive note I have my Halloween costume ready to go for next year.

1 comment:

  1. You should not apologize for / regret this. You should ROCK it. I like it. It's a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete