Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a good cry

Last year I read a book called The Art of Racing in the Rain. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. Its about a dog and his owner through the dogs point of view....I know what you are thinking, but it really is an amazing book. I'm not the crying type...but this book got to me. When I finished the last page I sat in our room sobbing for at least 2 hours. I couldn't say the word dog with out crying for at least a week.

NOTE: We had a Labrador, Suzie Q that I adored who died 5 years ago. So the book hit close to home. Yeah we are those crazy dog people who might just love our dogs too much, if there is such a thing. We all have our weird quirks, that's ours...along with a lot more.

So this last week we were sitting in the Atlanta airport and I decided to read it again, since it was on the kindle and we had a 3 hour layover. Three lines in and I was SOBBING....we aren't talking a tear running down my cheek. I'm talking like making a huge scene, hyperventilating, red face, the works. Then my mom started to cry because she had read the damn book, and then my dad....(sorry dad....not that he reads this smut.) I haven't gotten past the first chapter yet, but I will muster my way through it. If you want a cute easy read, pick it up. I promise you will love it. Sometimes its nice to have a good cry, just not in an airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment